Ball Of Flowers For Wedding Decorations
A ball of flowers is made up from a foam or polystyrene ball studded with flowers. It can be carried by the bride, her bridesmaids or the flower girl.
It usually sits hanging from a loop of ribbon or other decorative embellishment such as decorative cord or pearl crafting beads from the wrist.
Carnations are one of the better flowers to use as they are round and give a nice neat looking ball. Other flowers can be use and should be of a similar size depending on the look you are trying to achieve.
You can also use a mix of large and small flowers and flowers in different colors.
If you use flowers that are different in shape or color make sure that everything is evenly spaced to give a balanced look.
A flower ball can also be called a kissing ball or pomander and are a very versatile flower arrangement that can be used in many different ways:
- They can be carried as a bouquet
- Hung on the sides of chairs or pews to decorate the ceremony venue.
- They can be used as part of a backdrop, such as hanging from an arch way.
- Hung from the ceiling or chandeliers.
- Use medium sized flower balls to decorate the tables.
- Use them to create large or small topiaries these can be used as centrepieces or placed around the reception room.
- Hang small balls of flowers over door knobs on in doorways.
You can use, dried or silk flowers to make a ball of flowers for wedding decorations these can be made in advance which will give you more time to do other important things closer to your wedding date.
In fact a silk flower balls for weddings are very easy to make and there are several ways that you can do this. You can use polystyrene balls and secure the flowers in place with glue, or you can use a dry florist ball and push the flowers as shown in this video.
When making your own flower ball choose a ball size that is smaller than what you actually want – because it will grow in size when the flowers are added.
Make a Ball Of Flowers Using Fresh Flowers
You will need
- A ball of floristry foam (Oasis) measuring 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter
- 50 Carnations or any full bloomed flower
- Soak the oasis ball in a bucket of water, it is completely soaked when it sinks to the bottom of the bucket.
- Using scissors cut the flower stems at 3cm to 5cm from the base of the flower head.
- Always cut the stems on an angle, to enable maximum water absorption.
- Start at the top of the oasis ball, gently push in the stem of your first flower, making sure it goes all the way into the base of the oasis ball.
- Keep adding and placing the flowers head in a straight line until the ball is ringed with flowers. Then make a line halfway around and fill in the quarters. Make sure the flowers are evenly placed with no gaps.
- Gently place your pomander ball in the middle of your table.
18 Ideas Using Kissing Balls For Weddings
Photo by dp3010 - Depositphotos
1. Use flower balls to decorate key areas of your wedding day.
Photo by AppleEyesStudio - Depositphotos
2. Create beautiful backdrops with flower balls.
Photo by mary_smn - Depositphotos
3. Elegant dainty white kissing balls can be turned to a feature item.
Photo by rod_julian - Depositphotos
4. Use all one flower type.
Photo by timonko- Depositphotos
5. Use pearl craft beads to create a luxurious look for the bride.
Photo by zhanglianxun - Depositphotos
6. Hang flower balls from the chandeliers.
Photo by Romann83 - Depositphotos
7. White kissing ball with a hint of pastel toned flowers.
Photo by amoklv - Depositphotos
8. Mix other embellishments into the ball like feathers and ribbon bows.
Photo by alexalexl - Depositphotos
9. Create a flower ball in one color and use them to decorate the walk ways.
Photo by eelnosiva - Despositphotos
10. Use a variety of different flowers to create a loose style ball.
Photo by noreenlhrpk - Depositphotos
11. Add interest to your flower ball by adding a smaller one at the bottom.
Photo by zhanglianxun - Depositphotos
12. Use lots of greenery for a soft fresh look.
Photo by Aleks_T - Depositphotos
13. Flower balls can also be added to the tops of decorative poles.
Photo by boggy22 - Depositphotos
14. Balls of flowers can be used as table decorations.
Photo by Svetlana Atasheva - Fotolia
15. Use shepher hooks to hang flower balls.
Photo by Paul Retherford - Fotolia
17. Church pews can be decorated with flower balls.
Photo by Susan - Fotolia
18. Create small flower balls for the tiny members of your bridal party.
Your Wedding Photographer
Your wedding photographs are a lasting memory of your wedding day so avoid disappointment by booking your photographer early. Good photographers can be booked months well in advance, so as soon as you set your wedding date start looking.
Wedding Tips and Ideas
You can read more tips and ideas by clicking here.
Eco Freindly Tip
Make your wedding favors do double duty. For example, a flowering bulb with the guests name on it can double up as place card holder and the guests then take them home and plant it in their garden.
Buy a formal evening gown instead of the traditional wedding gown. These still look great and are usually a lot cheaper than a wedding dress.
You Might Also Enjoy These Pages
The Real Cost of Wedding Flowers
Fall Wedding Ideas
DIY Garden Style Bridal Bouquet
Wedding Photo Idea
There are many wonderful ways to capture your day, Use this image as an inspriation for your own wedding photographs. If you like it add it to your wedding photography shot list and discuss the possiblity of having this recreated with your photographer.