Purple Wedding Flower Ideas
Using purple wedding flowers is splendid way to bring to your wedding the rich luxurious tones that purple has to offer. Did you know that purple has a long noble history that started in ancient times.
As early as 1570 fabric was dyed purple using a natural dye obtained from predatory sea snails and rock snails. The color of the dyed fabric did not fade but instead when exposed to sunlight and weathering became brighter and for this reason it was highly prized and expensive. Due to the expense of the fabric it became a status symbol and laws were passed as to how it could be used. The production of the dyeing process came under the control of the Imperial Court and with this the color purple quickly became associated with royalty.
Nowadays you don't have to be royal to use purple. With purple wedding flowers you can easily incorporate the magnificent hues they have to offer on your day. No matter what the season is you will always find a purple flower - ranging for the soft delicate lilacs to deep dark tones that almost look like black.
Listed below are 34 different flower varieties that could be used as part of your wedding flowers all in varying shades of purple:
Various Flowers In Shades of Purple
Accessorise With Small Purple Flower Details
I get commission for purchases made through links on this post
You can easily accessorize your wedding with small purple wedding flower details on items such as the flower girl basket, favour tins, guest book and pen, wedding candles and much more.
If you have considered using purple flowers in your wedding but are undecided as how to use them then scroll down the page to see some examples of its use.
36 Bridal Bouquet Ideas That Use Purple Wedding Flowers
1. Simple purple iris wedding bouquet created using purple iris and grass that has been decorated with beads.
2. Purple orchids, pink and white flower bridal bouquet.
3.Varying shades of purple flowers create this wedding bouquet.
4. Loose style bride's bouquet.
5. Purple, white, pink wedding bouquet.
6. Purple silk flower and pearl bead bouquet idea.
7. Small posy wedding bouquet.
8. Add a pop of color to your bouquet.
9. White rose bouquet with filler purple wedding flowers.
10. Hand tied bridal bouquet in soft shades of purple and white.
11. Simple purple wedding bouquet.
12. White daisy wedding flowers with blue and purple.
13. Pink and white roses with a hint of purple tulips wedding bouquet.
14. Blue, pink and purple wedding flowers look attractive when held against a white wedding dress.
15. White daisy and light purple roses wedding bouquet.
16. A simple hand tied bridal bouquet with purple hydrangea wedding flowers.
17. White / purple calla lilies wedding bouquet.
18. For a timeless look you can never go wrong with a white and purple wedding bouquet.
19. White, pink and purple rustic wedding idea.
20. A combination of soft delicate looking white and purple flowers can be extremely feminine.
21. Simple bouquet of purple iris flowers.
22. In the right tones purple and green wedding bouquets can be "refreshing" to look at.
23. A delicate pink and purple wedding theme bouquet.
24. A charming purple and cream bridal bouquet suitable for a winter wedding.
25. Dark purple wedding bouquet idea.
26. Pink rose bouquet with a hint of dark purple.
27. Purple and yellow wedding bouquets give a light hearted feel to a wedding.
28. Handpicked purple and green wedding bouquet with purple ribbon.
29. Pink, purple and green wedding bouquets
30. An all purple large flower bouquet.
31. Purple orchid wedding bouquet ideas.
32. Romantic pink and purple wedding bouquet.
33. An all purple orchid wedding bouquet.
34. Purple and pink hydrangea bouquet.
35. Bouquet mixed with soft pinks, purple and green.
36. Decorate the bouquet handle in matching purple ribbon and bouquet pins.
16 Cake Ideas With Purple Flowers
You don't just have to have purple flowers in your bouquet use them to decorate your wedding cake and other areas of your venue.
1. White hydrangea and dark purple calla lily wedding flowers decorate this simple square wedding cake.
2. A beautiful looking cake in tones of soft lilac and white.
3. Three tier square wedding cakes with purple ribbon and piped roses.
4. Purple hand crafted sugar flowers and decoratively piped pink flowers surround the fondant icing on the cake.
5. Two tiered wedding cake with purple flowers.
6. White fondant cake with draped fondant icing and beautiful large dark purple flowers.
7. Square white wedding cakes with purple ribbon and flowers.
8. An elegant round wedding cake with decorations in purple and pink.
9. Petal shaped cake covered in purple fondant icing and decorated with multi colored cut out flowers.
10. Tropical style wedding cake decorated with purple and orange wedding flowers.
11. Purple flowers cascading down the three tiered wedding cake with butterfly wedding decorations.
12. Naked wedding cake with purple sugar flowers.
13. Bows, butterflies and purple flowers.
14. Tall and elegant with dainty white and purple flowers.
15. A clean and crisp look with hints of purple spots.
16. Fit for a country style wedding with purple paper flowers and wheat decorations.
7 Decorating Ideas Using Purple Flowers
1. Use your purple wedding flowers to decorate the napkins.
2. Bring your theme of purple wedding flowers to your wedding centrepieces.
3. Always elegant purple, white and silver wedding decorations.
4. Always elegant purple, white and silver wedding decorations.
5. You don't just have to have all flowers as your centrepieces, choose other items such as succulents or fruit in shades of purple to make a unique display.
6. Use frosted martini glasses to create unique wedding centrepieces.
7. Create the perfect background to an otherwise green setting using various shades of purple flowers and fabric fashioned into a beautiful wedding arch - perfect for saying your wedding vows and later as a photographic background.
Other Pages We Think You Might Like
Ideas To Keep The Cost Of Wedding Flower Down
Pictures of Bridal Bouquet Flowers
Butterfly Wedding Theme Ideas
Make Your Own Garden Style Bouquet