Pretty Pink Wedding Cake Design Ideas
Have you ever considered a pink wedding cake for your wedding?
The color pink can be soft and feminine or strong and bold depending on the shade you choose.
Pink is a trend that is popular with many brides worldwide due to its versatility.
With shades ranging from dark pinks such as hot pink right through to the lighter shades like cherry blossom, soft baby pink to shades that almost touch into the pale lavenders your color palette is almost endless.
For those of you who have a passion for strong dark tones you might like to consider these ideas:
1. Chocolate covered cake with soft pink flowers and butterflies.
- Or how about black and white cakes alternatively stacked on top of one another, displaying a beautiful assortment of flowers in deep to medium pinks cascading from the top tier to the bottom cake.
- Or even a chocolate covered wedding cake with hot or light pink details.
Other strong colors that work well with pink are dark greens, purples, orange, blues, red and browns these can be used in the icing or decoration details to help create a unique look.
If you’re not a big fan of strong and bold colors and would prefer something more soft and feminine consider some of these ideas.
2. An elegant white wedding cake with pearl luster and soft pink roses.
- Or how about a stacked tiered white wedding cake and soft pink delicate piping, with the main feature being a base surrounded by soft billowing pale pink feather boa to give a light wistful look.
- Or you could have a simple and elegant looking cake in pale pink fondant icing which has been embossed to give a beautiful lace textured look and then create a lustrous glow with some edible pearl dust.
Other suggestions to help create a soft feminine look is to use roses or rose petals, small delicate looking decorations, feathers, edible pearl, fondant beading, and fondant cut-outs.