DIY Rose Wedding Bouquet
There are hundreds of varieties of roses to choose from and literally dozens of red ones.
So you will still have to make a lot of decisions if you decided to make your own bridal bouquet.
Will the roses be crimson, scarlet or dark burgundy? Single flowered or double flowered? Tea or English Rose?
And then you need to decide if you will have an all rose bouquet or do you have want a mix of other flowers or foliage for texture. Here is a list of some rose varieties:
- Black Beauty (deep burgundy color, with black tipped petals).
- Black Magic (deep scarlet color).
- Charlotte (crimson color with double flower).
- Scarlet Knight (deep crimson flowers with tea scent).
Roses are available all year round. They generally last up to seven days as a cut flower.
Below you will find instructions and a video on how to make a hand tied bridal bouquet as well as more images of rose bouquets to help you on your way to creating your own beautiful bouquet.
Making A Hand-Tied Round Red Rose Wedding Bouquet
Flowers and Essentials
- Red Roses
- Twine, rubber bands
- 4 to 8 pearl corsage pins
- 3 yards (2.7 meters) of 2 inch (5cm) wide ribbon
Preparation and Assembly
- Wearing sturdy gloves carefully remove the thorns from stems. Next condition the roses. This is done by bending the stem about 1 inch (2.5cm) from the bottom until it splits. Scrape the bent area with a sharp knife in a dragging motion. This will remove some bark exposing the inner stem and allowing more water to enter the stem.
- Next fill a container with about 2 inches (5cm) of boiling water. Place the stems in the boiling water for a few minutes, then empty the water and fill the container with cold water. Let the flowers soak in the cold water for a least two hours if possible.
- To get the round shape of the bouquet, start with a single rose. Then surround the first rose with concentric circles of roses, holding them tightly in place as you go.
- When you have the shape that you want. Bind the stems tightly with a piece of twine just below the flower heads, then bind with a rubber band about 3 inches (7.6cm) from the bottom. Re-cut the stems so that they are even and the length that you want.
- Start wrapping the bouquet with ribbon. Starting from about 1.5 inches (3.8cm) from the bottom. Fold the end of the ribbon under itself, then wrap up to the top of the stems covering the twine.
Love this page? Share it with your friends!
Wedding Etiquette Tip
Can I get ready at the church?
Most churches do not allow a bride or bridal party members to get ready at the church due to time and space restrictions. But most will allow the bride to put on her dress at the church, but don’t assume that you can, you should ask to make certain.
Wedding Tips and Ideas
You can read more tips and ideas by clicking here.
Bridal Wedding Shoe Budget Tip
If your wedding gown is full length think carefully about how much you are going to spend on them. There is really no point in going overboard and getting elaborate shoes for a full-length gown as they will not be on show due to the fact they will be hidden under your dress.
Wedding Toast Budget Tip
Skip the champagne for the wedding toasts and have the guests toast you with whatever they are drinking at the time.
You Might Also Enjoy These Pages
Wedding Chair Decoration Ideas
Plus Sized Wedding Gown Ideas
Wedding Cake Table Decoration Ideas
Wedding Photo Idea
There are many wonderful ways to capture your day, Use this image as an inspriation for your own wedding photographs. If you like it add it to your wedding photography shot list and discuss the possiblity of having this recreated with your photographer.